Effective Search Engine Marketing is the process by which a website is built and marketed in such a way that it is placed highest in search engines. Search engines grade live websites usually every week or so. Each search engine will rate/grade your website and give you a score that can be translated into ‘votes’. There are hundreds of weighted factors that determine how many votes you receive. The three highest weighted factors are:
Website structure Does the site comply with up to date internet standards?
Relevant content Does the site have pertinent content or information and does it relate to what keywords are used?
Value to the public Does the site have value to the community?
The better your website is built, the more votes you receive. The more content you have that is relevant to your website purpose, the more votes you receive. Value to the public is determined by quality and quantity of inbound links to your site. The higher the quality and quantity of your links, the more votes you get.
Organic Search Engine Marketing is Split Into Two Categories:
1. Search Engine Optimization or SEO – SEO is described as optimizing your website structure and content to ensure that when it is ‘read’ by search engine spyders, it is ‘graded’ favorably and placed higher in search engines. Examples of corporate and franchise SEO techniques are:
- 1.1 Keyword placement – The content of your website is one of the highest
- 1.2 Meta tag information – This is special coding that is placed on every page of your site to ensure the spyders crawl across your pages and return to the search engine with favorable votes.
- 1.3 Keyword Rich Content creation – Adjustment of content and wording that is known to improve readability and increase votes
- 1.4 Blog creation.
- 1.5 Miscellaneous website optimization
2. Search Engine Marketing or SEM – SEM is described as the monthly marketing of a website to improve ranking. Examples of monthly marketing are:
- 2.1 Inbound Link Gathering – Each month, we gather dozens upon dozens of quality links
- - 2.1.1 Each link is graded by our search engine algorithm to ensure it is a valuable website with relevant content.
- - 2.1.2 Links from previous months are re-graded to ensure they are still valuable and relevant.
- 2.2 Routine article/content creation and posting – Articles will be created and submitted to client for approval. Upon approval, content will be placed in appropriate site locations.
- 2.3 Article posting – Articles can be created and submitted to online e-zines and directories
While there is a one time fee for optimization, SEM is an ongoing process and thus a monthly fee is required.
Web Site Analytics
To track the effectiveness of our optimization and marketing we place several tracking codes on every page of our client’s website. These codes provide visitor tracking information and also tracks marketing effectiveness. With this tracking in place we can track, measure and report:
- Page views
- Average time on site
- Goal completions (forms filled out, purchases made, phone calls made)
- Goal conversion rates
- Bounce rates
- Source of visit (google, email, website referral, direct mail, etc)
- Various other custom data
How We Can Help You
OC Web Logic is an Orange County SEO services company that helps businesses get higher placement in the search engines. From organic optimization to link building, OC Web Logic does it all. Call us now
Rich Stark is the owner of Orange County web design firm OC Web Logic. With over 15 years of experience and 500 clients, he is an expert in online marketing strategies and website design.